Vanilla Active is a 14 year old digital agency that builds stunning web sites which are engaging, look great, structured properly, use modern techniques and simply delivers on the objectives of the brief. We go above and beyond to add value and offer our expertise in an often confusing world.
You know your business, we know the web, working together is like chicken soup and matzah balls!
The first question everyone asks! So lets get straight to the point. It is a bit like asking how long is a piece of string as the cost will depend on what you want. If it is a 4 page plain web site, that is going to be different to a 20 pager with animations, linked to a database, a booking system, gallery, accounts, eCommerce etc.
Prices do vary so as a guide, we don't compete with 1-man bands that work from a bedroom and produce sites for £300. Our sites usually start from around £3000/£4000. With every project, you get a project manager who will guide you through the project. We have designers, animators, web builders and pretty much any service you need. All costs are fixed, based on set requirements and how long we need to take to deliver the site for you.
Our business is split into three parts.
1. We build web sites offering eCommerce shopping facilities, general information site
2. We specialise in running digital campaigns for high profile brands such as Weetabix, Nandos, Peperami (we don't eat it), Carlsberg and McVities. We are an award winning agency in this field and work with many brands and agencies.
3. Business systems for companies such as booking systems, ordering systems and managing the back office of how a company processes their customer data.
Technology shouldn’t drive a project. It should be the understanding of the project, its objectives and budget that help establish the technology used on a web site. Having said that, in a more technology savvy world, it is wise to understand the technology used and the benefits of each and how it future proofs the site.
We build standard web sites usually using WordPress technology. However we also offer a more professional robust technology that we use for more established web sites that are more business critical. This allows us to develop a more bespoke solution which is more secure, more professional and streamlined to perform faster.
Very simple really.
1. You brief us on what you want
2. We ask all the questions we need
3. We then present you with a quote
4. On acceptance of the quote, we then design the web site and structure it, showing you our plans and designs.
5. On approval, we then build the web site.
6. Once you are happy with our demo version of the site, we then put it live on the web for you to start benefitting from it.